.

.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Dove Colour Live Event ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ

I honestly didn't take many pictures because I kept forgetting my camera was in my lap when people were talking... orz
and I kept awkwarding out because SO MANY PRETTY PEOPLE LIKE WHERE WERE YOU ALL HIDING image
 I wore a really casual outfit and really casual makeup because I thought that was okay but everyone was dressed so niiiiiiiiiiice and I was like, "omfg why didn't I make my hair all pretty and wear fancy CLOTHESSS" but anyway image
I made the mistake of not knowing places in Sydney and deciding to walk from central station to the location it was held, which took about 20 minutes image and once I was there I was really burning to death and hopefully not stinky image and I was told to go into a room with see-through plastic chairs and such and it had horrible lighting there was so much horrible lighting at this event I wanted to smack down I just I love lights so much and it was so horrible. It wasn't even picture-taking type of lighting; you'll see later when I show my bad pictures of the speakers. image
All night the waiters kept coming up to us and trying to hand us stuff but it was all classy food and I felt bad about it but I did drink some sort of hair vitality juice (that I refused to take a picture of because so. many. people. did. and I didn't think it mattered all that much since there are so. many. pictures. of. that. drink.) that was watery and cucumber~y and weeeeird; like I'm still not sure if I enjoyed it?
Anyway, I sat around awkwardly until Rachel came up to me and was like "Is someone sitting here?" and I was just like staring at her (I'm sO SORRY) because I only heard the last part and just... I am so awkward, I'm so sorry. But she still talked to me, so yay! It was wonderful to meet you. image

There was a recorded speaker in that room, which confused me because it was like ~let's turn off the lights~ but it described colours and how we see them, then the speaker (I've forgotten the name??? Oh gosh..) said how she was blind with synesthesia so she could "see" the colour through different sensory pathways which was interesting. image They also had lights on the sides which changed with the colour she was talking about~

We were ushered onto another room afterwards WITH THE HORRIBLE LIGHTING YOU BAD LIGHTING PEOPLE
And the guy from Dove spoke (I'm so, so sorry I've forgotten all the names)
you see
It was horrible lighting to talk about hair, especially. Judging your choices, Dove. image
When we went in, I got a photo with Jay because we were still holding the maybe-good-maybe-bad cucumber drinks which I haven't tracked down yet. The Dove guy was basically talking about how thankful that we were there and such and some things about hair.
The second person to speak was the colour therapist? I think that's what she was called? She was with my group to tell us our skin types and discuss stuff with us~ Turns out I have a cool skin type and I think I was Summer? She was really outgoing and I was really awkward and she KEPT ASKING ME QUESTIONS IT WAS REALLY EMBARRASSING image
And then the celebrity colourist~ I honestly should have taken notes because I can't remember exactly what they said and I feel really bad about it. imageThey were all really nice though~ And I'm definitely taking notes at the next event~

After they spoke, we turned around in our chairs and talked to the colour therapist, who went through the group which was made up of Rachel, Jay, Talyssa and Siree from thehiddenthimble and two other girls that I didn't get the names of but I think I follow one on here. image Anyway, the colour therapist went through all of us then went through the personalities > colours we should wear, which I pretty much wear already. orz
After that we mostly talked a lot, I'm very glad that the others talked to me~ I was really terrified no one would, but that was just a "OH JESUS I HAVE NO FRIENDS IN SYDNEY AFTER BEING HERE FOR MONTHS, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE HERE WILL TALK TO ME" but everyone was super nice and super fashionable and wonderful and pretty and I died because everyone was nice as well??? Like how were you guys all so wonderful? image

Dove also gave us free things~
Which has made me really excited for dying my hair after I get back from Canberra! image I really, realllyyyyy am in love with Dove right now for giving us these~ And the chocolates were amazing. huhuhu.
When they started awkwardly ushering us out, Jay showed me the way to Museum station so I didn't have to walk all the way back to central and was nice enough to tell me which trains to catch~ Thank you soOOOoOO much omg image
Everyone was so nice to me and I just want to tell you all that it was really nice meeting and talking to you all and I hope there's another event/something soon~ image

And I want to thank Nuffnang and Dove for holding a great event~ image
(Sorry I'm so awkward)

No comments :

Post a Comment